Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Front Royal during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Dave's Diversified Services will always be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Dave's Diversified Services at 540-369-3971 and we’ll return your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.