With warmer weather nearby, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at top efficiency, it can trim a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly raise your bills and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Dave's Diversified Services professional do air conditioning service
at least yearly is critical to keeping your system running at its best for a while. He or she can be sure the unit is running as it should be and can identify looming concerns in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your skilled air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could hurt your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area by your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they may obstruct airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or changed during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them every month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when dealing with air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or doing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you maintain a cozy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer has in store. Give the pros at Dave's Diversified Services a call at 540-636-3396.