As we get further in to November and the temperature continues to dip, we’re faced with the approaching decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter swiftly approaching now is the time to consider replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the year.
So when it’s time to find a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was about to go out.
Take a few seconds and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a shout at 540-369-3971 if you have any further questions.
- Up-front cost is not as much as gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you choose, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t waver in giving Dave's Diversified Services in Front Royal a call at 540-369-3971. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.