As springtime rolls around, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Front Royal? Even if your cooling unit is recently installed or was running well last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Dave's Diversified Services pro can help spot little issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate within your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy consumption—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as quickly.
- It helps spot little problems before they turn into big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine pieces and complete a set of AC performance tests. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify issues before they turn into large issues that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the season. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your system is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the subsequent spots and components:
- Complete equipment state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with Dave's Diversified Services
This week is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Dave's Diversified Services pros a ring at 540-636-3396 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, be sure to look at our special offers for savings on your upcoming service.