During the cooler Front Royal months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it happens, a simple call to Dave's Diversified Services will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Dave's Diversified Services right away if you notice any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be examined by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not the right size for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Dave's Diversified Services can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and our team can help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Dave's Diversified Services at 540-369-3971 or book an appointment with us online.