Having routine air conditioning service done at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Front Royal summertime, have the professionals at Dave's Diversified Services perform your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to illicitly discharging it to the environment.
- Inspect for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We recommend checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Dave's Diversified Services today at 540-369-3971.