Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Front Royal are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service helps you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable living area is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of the existing filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to work harder and can also impact the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can collect on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Dave's Diversified Services in Front Royal will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 540-369-3971 and stay comfortable this summer.