Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a fun summer in Front Royal is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Dave's Diversified Services always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape this season.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter consistently! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. cut the grass, clean out any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These straightforward steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Dave's Diversified Services in Front Royal at 540-369-3971 today.